Purchasing a used vehicle has some disadvantages. You miss out on that new car smell, for example. However, those disadvantages are not worth the thousands of dollars more you will spend to buy a new car. Avoid that money loss by buying a used vehicle when you need a new ride.
Six top reasons to buy a used vehicle:
1. Cost: The biggest reason to buy used is the cost of the vehicle. Whether you want a car, truck, or an SUV, there are thousands of dollars in savings when you buy a used vehicle.
2. Choices: Do not think you are settling when you buy a used car. As long as you find your next used car from a reputable dealership you will have tons of models and makes to pick from.
3. Insurance: Another way you save money on a used car purchase is insurance costs. You pay much less to insure a used vehicle than to insure a new car.
4. Depreciation: The second you drive a new car off the lot it depreciates thousands of dollars in value. That’s a lot of money to spend driving 50-feet out of a parking lot. But don’t worry if you buy a used car instead.
5. More for Your Money: Buying a used car gives you more for your money and almost always offers a far better deal than a new car purchase. Choosing a model year a few years old gives you all the modern features and safety that you want at tremendous savings.
6. Own it Sooner: The goal of buying a car is to become the outright owner of the car after making a series of payments. If you buy a new car, that could be years away. A used car, on the other hand, can be outright yours in a matter of weeks or months.